Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasures, by Kitty Thomas

Description from Amazon.com:

Vivian Delaney leads a life of privilege, but behind closed doors she feels isolated and trapped in a gilded cage. Unable to achieve sexual pleasure with her husband, she finds herself in the capable hands of Anton, a massage therapist intent on awakening her to her full sexual potential. By any means necessary.

As their secret meetings progress, she falls farther down a rabbit hole where the line between rape and illicit affair grows increasingly blurred. Anton will accept nothing short of her complete surrender as he molds and shapes her to be sold to the highest bidder.

Amazon lists this as being available in Kindle and Hardcover formats only.  I read it on my kindle.

Another great fiction story by Kitty Thomas.  Once again, the characters (with a few exceptions) were well-rounded and interesting, and the situations were (mostly) believable and titillating.  But isn't fiction all about a little suspension of disbelief?  Overall, I like spending time in Kitty Thomas's universe/s.

A personal note:  I'm not entirely sure I like the edge that Thomas almost always gives her characters, that of guilt and suppression in their own submission.  There is always that psychological barrier to it, and having never felt that myself, it irritates me to read about the girl's internal struggle.  But then again - perhaps that's the only thing that gives the stories their wonderful patina of coercion and questionable consent.  If that's the case, so be it.  I love a bit of rape fantasy!

Overall, very readable.  Her novels are short, so I can easily read them in one sitting.  I recommend you keep these books for rainy Sunday afternoons, sunny Saturday mornings, or any time you feel like kicking back with some delicious sexy brain-chocolate.

Four cocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment